13 Nov Roasted Butternut Squash
Posted at 14:26h in Recipes, Sweet Piquanté Peppers
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- 1 whole butternut squash, skin on, halved lengthways and cut into 2 cm wedges
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 150 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild/Hot Whole, halved
For the Salsa Verde:
- 15 g fresh coriander
- 25 g flat leaf parsley
- 5 g mint
- 10 g basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornichons
- 1 tbsp capers
- 100 ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- 120 g feta, crumbled
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Spread the squash and red onion across two roasting trays – they need space to roast, if the pan is too crowded, they will steam. Season well with salt, ground coriander, and freshly ground black pepper then drizzle with the oil and toss to coat. Place in the oven and cook for 35 minutes, turning halfway, then add the Sweet Piquanté Peppers and cook for another ten minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While the squash is roasting, make the Salsa Verde by adding all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blitzing until you have a smooth thick sauce. You may need to add a splash of water to loosen it.
- Serve the squash and Sweet Piquanté Peppers on a plate, with dollops of the Salsa Verde, crumbled feta and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle over a little more olive oil.
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES?
Let us know what you think by using the hashtag #peppadewrecipes on lnstagram.
with Sweet Piquanté Peppers, Pears, Figs27 May, 2020
with Sweet Piqunaté Pepper11 November, 2020
with Olives & Sweet Piquanté Peppers13 November, 2020